Your happiness cannot permanently depend on another person, another paycheck, another compliment, another vacation, or another milestone.
Those things can absolutely add joy to your life. But when you make them responsible for your happiness, you give away too much control.
Outsourcing happiness sounds like, "I'll finally be happy when I lose the weight." "I'll be happy when I'm in a relationship." "I'll be happy when I make more money." "I'll be happy when people recognize me."
And then you reach the goal and somehow there's another finish line.
Real fulfillment requires learning how to participate in your own happiness today. Create experiences you enjoy. Take care of yourself. Build meaningful relationships. Pursue goals that excite you. Celebrate progress while you're still becoming.
You don't have to wait for your dream life to begin enjoying your actual life.
Stop making happiness a reward for finally becoming enough.
You are allowed to enjoy the journey.
Thank you for being part of the Positive Energy Partnership. Today, reclaim one piece of your happiness. Don't wait for permission, perfection, or the next milestone. Create a little joy on purpose.
For more inspiration, visit SheenaAaron.com and shop my lifestyle favorites at Amazon.com/shop/stylebysheena.
No comments:
Post a Comment