Tuesday, August 25, 2026

What Your Excuses Are Costing You

 An excuse can feel harmless in the moment. It gives you somewhere to place the responsibility and a reason to postpone the uncomfortable thing.

But repeated excuses have a price.

Every time you say, "I'll start later," you lose a little momentum. Every time you tell yourself you're not ready, you delay gaining the experience that would have made you ready. Every time you blame circumstances without looking for what you can control, you hand away your power.

Your excuses may be protecting you from temporary discomfort while quietly charging you interest on the life you aren't building.

That doesn't mean ignoring real obstacles. Life has genuine limitations, responsibilities, disappointments, and circumstances outside your control. The question is: What can I do with what I have right now?

You don't need perfect conditions. You need an honest assessment, one decision, and one next move.

Stop asking, "Why can't I?"

Start asking, "What's possible from here?"

Thank you for being part of the Positive Energy Partnership. Today's encouragement is simple: don't let an explanation become an identity. You are allowed to acknowledge what happened without allowing it to dictate what happens next.

Get more inspiration at SheenaAaron.com and shop my lifestyle favorites at Amazon.com/shop/stylebysheena.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What Your Excuses Are Costing You

 An excuse can feel harmless in the moment. It gives you somewhere to place the responsibility and a reason to postpone the uncomfortable th...