Thursday, October 8, 2026

Stop Waiting to Feel Ready

One of the biggest misconceptions about confidence is that you need to feel confident before you take action.

You don't.

Confidence is often the receipt you receive after keeping promises to yourself.

You apply before you feel qualified. You launch before everything is perfect. You speak before your voice stops shaking. You walk into the room before you feel like you belong there. You try, learn, adjust and try again.

Readiness is rarely a magical feeling that suddenly arrives and announces, “Congratulations. You're prepared.”

Sometimes you become ready by beginning.

Waiting until you feel completely prepared can become an incredibly sophisticated form of procrastination because it sounds responsible. You're “researching.” You're “planning.” You're “getting things together.”

But eventually, preparation has to become participation.

The person you want to become is built through evidence. Every time you take action despite uncertainty, you teach your brain something powerful: I can handle this.

That is how self-trust grows.

So stop making confidence the prerequisite for action. Let action become the pathway to confidence.

THE SHEENA SHIFT: You don't have to feel ready. You have to be willing to begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Excuses Are Negotiating Against Your Future

 Your excuses are rarely as harmless as they sound. “I'll start Monday.” “I don't have enough time.” “I need to learn more first.” “...