Friday, October 9, 2026

Your Excuses Are Negotiating Against Your Future

 Your excuses are rarely as harmless as they sound.

“I'll start Monday.”
“I don't have enough time.”
“I need to learn more first.”
“It's not the right time.”
“I'll do it when things calm down.”

Sometimes those statements are legitimate realities. But sometimes they're negotiations between the person you are today and the person you're capable of becoming.

And every negotiation has consequences.

Your future is being shaped by what you repeatedly prioritize today. Not by what you intend to do someday. Not by the version of yourself you imagine becoming. By what you consistently do.

That's why self-awareness matters. You have to become capable of catching yourself in the moment when a reasonable explanation starts becoming a recurring escape route.

The goal isn't to eliminate every excuse or shame yourself for having limitations. The goal is to distinguish between a real obstacle and a comfortable story.

Ask yourself: Is this genuinely impossible right now—or simply inconvenient, uncomfortable, unfamiliar or frightening?

That question can change your behavior.

Because your future doesn't need another promise. It needs participation.

Every excuse gets a vote. Decide whether it deserves one.

THE SHEENA SHIFT: Before you explain why you can't, ask yourself what one small thing you can do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your Excuses Are Negotiating Against Your Future

 Your excuses are rarely as harmless as they sound. “I'll start Monday.” “I don't have enough time.” “I need to learn more first.” “...